Third Grade – Math
With third-grade, things start to pick up the pace. Kids are expected to gain and show a vast variety of knowledge and skills in all the subject areas.
When you take a look at the curriculum at once, it might seem a lot. But if you break them into parts, you will be amazed to see how quickly and easily kids absorb all the knowledge they just glow and grow with it. And you might end up thinking, my kiddo can easily handle a little bit more of reading, math, or writing.
I kid you not, just observe your kids this year… you will see kids getting more confident around math and reading. They become more mature with their curiosity about different things in science and that will make them want to read more.
For me personally, as a parent, third grade is my favorite. I could see my son getting very comfortable with numbers and was enjoying multiplication and division.
I am sure you all will feel that this is the best year by the end of this year.
This year in math we will be learning ;
- Developing a robust sense of numbers. This will include, odd and even numbers, rounding up to nearest Tens or Hundreds, etc.
- Place value with Hundreds and above.
- Continuing with Three-digit addition and subtraction.
- Word problems with a little bit increased complexity. Solving one-step and two-step problems.
- Fundamental understanding of concepts multiplication and division.
- Word problems that will incorporate the understanding of multiplication and division.
- Understanding the value of different denominations of money.
- In geometry, sorting two dimensional and three-dimensional figures.
- Recognize rhombuses, parallelograms, trapezoids, rectangles, and squares.
- Composing and decomposing different figures.
- Understanding the fractions.
- Determine liquid volume (capacity) or weight using appropriate units and tools.
- determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.
- Data analysis and collecting, organizing, displaying, and interpreting data.
I am adding new printable worksheets every week on each topic. Currently, you can find following worksheets for Third Grade.
Number Round Up:
Odd and Even numbers:
I hope you will find them as useful as the other ones.